Beginning of railway line reconstruction Rokycany – Plzeň is coming closer

17.04.2013

Prague, 17 April – The Czech Office for Protection of Economic Competition (ÚOHS) refused the complaint of Skanska Company concerning results of the public tender for modernization of the line Rokycany – Plzeň. If this decision enters into force, the Railway Infrastructure Administration (SŽDC) will be able to start reconstructing this important section of Railway Corridor 3 soon.

The public tender designated as Modernization of the line Rokycany – Plzeň was published on 14 February of the last year. Envelopes’ opening took place on 10 July, evaluation of the offers followed on 21 September. The estimated value of the order amounted approximately 7,5 billion Czech crowns (VAT subtracted).

Six competitors in total applied for the tender. Due to the fact that they were able to submit several options, the evaluating commission was choosing from nine offers in total. The bid price was the decisive factor from 97%, the remaining 3% consisted of extending the guarantee for the work quality. Finally the best offer was chosen, submitted by the Association MTS+SBT-MTÚ Rokycany – Plzeň with a leading partner Metrostav, joint stock company and a participant Subterra, joint stock company. The winning association submitted an offer amounting 3.972.925,902 CZK.

”This public tender is the first of a type when every applicant was able to submit several realization options. This is related to the construction of a tunnel more than 4 kilometres long under the Chlum Hill which will be the longest railway tunnel in the Czech Republic when it is finished,“ reminded Mr. Jiří Kolář, SŽDC Director General.

If nothing prevents the construction anymore it could begin this June already. According to the plan it should take three years while using resources from the Operational Programme Transport for 2007–2013 from which construction works carried out till 2015 can be financed. Up to this term approximately 3.5 billion Czech crowns could be used for construction. The remaining approximate 473 million Czech crowns will be used for construction in 2016. ”I believe that this project will bring a considerable acceleration to a still uncompetitive rail connection between Praha and Plzeň and will improve the total balance of EU resources drawing as well “ added the Director General Mr. Kolář.


Files

Press release for download pdf

Reception
Phone:+420 222 335 711
(during working hours Mo-Fr)

  Mail us
More contacts

epodatelna@szdc.cz Copyrigtht © 2009 SŽDC, s.o.