Access to the railway infrastructure
SŽDC allows access to the railway infrastructure to all carriers complying with the conditions set by Act on Rail Systems. The Access Conditions correspond to European standards and are equal for all carriers. SŽDC enters into a contract on rail transport operation with a carrier who meets the conditions of access to the railway infrastructure.
For more details see Network Statement on Nationwide and Regional Rail Networks issued by SŽDC.
Basic conditions of access to the railway infrastructure:
- to be registered in the Company Register
- to hold a valid licence to operate rail transport
- to hold a valid certificate of a carrier
- to hold liability insurance for damage incurred by rail transport operation
- to enter into a contract on rail transport operation with the rail operator
- to have allocated infrastructure capacity
For more details see Act on Rail Systems No. 266/1994 Coll., as amended and the Network Statement on Nationwide and Regional Rail Networks issued by SŽDC.