Access to the railway infrastructure
SŽDC allows access to the railway infrastructure to all carriers complying with the conditions set by Act on Rail Systems. The access conditions correspond to European standards and are equal for all carriers. SŽDC concludes a contract on rail transport operation with a carrier who meets the conditions of access to the railway infrastructure.
For more details see the Network Statement on Nation-wide and Regional Rail Networks issued by SŽDC.
Basic conditions of access to the railway infrastructure:
- to be registered in the Company Register
- to hold a valid Rail Transport Operation Licence (RTOL)
- to hold a valid Rail Carrier Certificate
- to hold third party liability insurance for damage incurred by rail transport operation
- to conclude a contract on rail transport operation with the rail operator
- to have allocated the infrastructure capacity
For more details see Act No. 266/1994 Coll., on Rail Systems, as amended and the Network Statement on Nation-wide and Regional Rail Networks issued by SŽDC.